I was tagged by: @Erikawastaken
Rules: Rule 1: Always post the rules. Rule 2: Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked and write 9 new ones. Rule 3: Tag 11 people and link them to the post Rule 4: Actually tell them you tagged them.
What is your biggest source inspiration?
- My daughters! They radiate happiness and love, it inspires me always to be the very best mommy to them!
Do you see yourself as more creative or practical?
- I see myself as both to be honest, in order to be creative I have to be practical. I love to be frugal because it allows me to be more creative with our home and everything while still staying along with our budget. (Hope that’s what you meant!)
If you could have dinner with any author, who would you choose
- Ugh this is a tough one! Kurt Vonnegut!
Can you play a musical instrument? If so, which one(s)?
- Violin and used to play piano and crappy guitar.
You are dropped off in Time Square with $10,000 and are told you have 24 hours to do whatever you want. What do you do?
- Tour all the finest museums and art galleries, also, restaurants and pick up cheesy souvenirs for family!
You are given $10,000 to donate to charity. Which charity(ies) do you give it to?
- Honestly, I don’t really like the fact that most large charities pocket major percentages of donations to use toward salaries, administration and fundraising more money and only give a small percentage of donations to actually helping or research etc. I would probably be more inclined to donate to local programs within my community to help. Like homeless shelters, school programs to feed impoverished children, animal shelters! I chose to do community service at animal shelters when I was younger as a way to give and really enjoyed it, it is important to give more than you receive!
What is your all time favorite movie and why?
- Hmm. I would probably have to think long about this but what comes to mind at this particular moment is “Little Women” which I watched repeatedly as a child! Everyday! All day!
Who is your hero?
- My amazing husband Zachary! There is no one I’d rather wake up next to for the rest of my life, he is amazing and one of the bravest, hardest working men! I really admire him! He is a Sailor and a damn good one at that! I’m not sure I could ever put into words the way he saved me, I owe him everything for loving me the way he does and blessing me with two incredible little girls!
Have you ever bought a product solely because a celebrity had it/endorsed it? If so, what product and which celebrity?
- Come to think of it, I don’t believe I have.
Here are your questions:
1. If you could travel anywhere at this very moment (free), where would it be?
2. Favorite childhood memory?
3. Favorite song and favorite lyrics within that song?
4. What is one wish/dream you hope to fulfill before you are 50?
5. How many states and continents have you traveled to?
6. What was the best part of your day today? (If it wasn’t a good day I hope tomorrow is!)
7. What’s your favorite exercise?
8. Favorite family tradition growing up?
9. What’s your favorite way to spread kindness?
cutenfit said: After you receive this you must share 5 random facts about yourself and then copy and send to your ten favorite followers :)
Love you, Belen!
1. I really wasn’t sure if I would ever want children, back when I was younger before I had Arleigh. The idea of pregnancy and becoming a mother scared me, but from the moment I heard her heartbeat something changed inside me and now these babies are all I live for and I can see myself having a dozen more babies and still wanting more because this love is the greatest thing ever! They are my everything!
2. I grew up on a ranch in the mountains of New Mexico with chickens and horses and I am a cowgirl at heart! I was riding horses before I ever learned to ride a bike.
3. I was a terrible cook when my husband and I first got married, I would burn everything! It’s improving now and I love to cook and learn recipes!
4. I did cheerleading and gymnastics throughout high school, until my senior year. I really hope my girls are interested in gymnastics too at least!
5. I’m a secret bookworm! I love reading and always worked in the library when I was in school and I am considering working in one when my babies start school!
I will send to people sometime this weekend or Monday when I get a moment!
Super excited it’s the weekend soon! Tomorrow I have plans with a friend I haven’t seen since last May! When her baby boy was born! Super excited, missed her so much! She is the very first friend I ever made in VA. We may not see each other often but we will always be friends! I get to take them to the AQ and lunch to make up for missing baby boys first Birthday, but it was the day before Zacks homecoming so I had a lot going on. She said she’s been trying to give us family time which I appreciate but I have missed her!
We also have to cross off Ice Skating, the farm AND have plans with other friends at the Zoo this weekend too! Talk about busy! I also need to go stock up on household items.
I’m feeling a little sad for one of our friends we are seeing this weekend, she recently lost their second child and I felt so bad about it last time I saw her because she never mentioned it and we were so excited we asked if they had learned the gender yet and that’s when we learned the baby had passed. I was in shock because just recently she asked me to baby sit for one of her appointments, I had no idea. I felt like a lousy friend for not knowing. So very heartbreaking. There are so many people that have children they don’t even take care of and when people who are or would be amazing parents struggle with fertility and pregnancy it makes you wonder why? It’s sad. Another one of my friends is expecting, she is in her early 30s and just found out the baby has downs. It’s her first baby, so I know it’s going to be different than she expected or imagined but she is still blessed to be bringing an amazing soul into this world. I’ve been praying for her because I can’t imagine being in her shoes. I’ve also been educating Arleigh on various syndromes as a way to teach her how to treat people who look different than her, which is just to be kind to everyone no matter what they act or look like. I watched this video about a dwarf and basically what a day is like for him and it really inspired me. I want to become a better person and I want to make sure Arleigh is kind always and never judgmental of people. So we have been following a little girls story with Apert Syndrome, Arleigh only ever says how cute she is, I love it! I also signed us up for the irun4 and hope to be paired soon!
We are also meeting some of our friends friends this weekend as they are coming along with us to the Zoo, I’m not super keen on the idea because to be honest I’m not much of a people person to begin with and then there is the added majority of the people we have met here ended up all being crazy annoying or just flat out crazy, or snobs which was the case last time. It’s just not usually my cup of tea to inter mingle with friends of friends. Thankfully my husband will be there so I imagine we will branch off and just have family time if it’s not fun or something. I guess this goes hand in hand with me learning to be less judgmental, I can be nice and make friends…. I hope haha. We have to renew our zoo membership.
We are also starting to plan our big family road trip. We will be traveling 2500 miles and staying in 3 states, visiting more than that and hopefully stopping to see attractions along the way! It’s not going to be easy but with Zack with me I know we will manage and hopefully enjoy it! We will have 30 days so we are hoping to make the most of it! It’s been causing me a little stress but I truly have an amazing husband by my side and he has been understanding about this totally being out of mu comfort zone! I hate traveling in vehicles!
Lately I’ve been really starting to think about what I want to do as a nice way for me to unwind. Crafting has always been my major outlet, stress release. Whether it’s small crafts for the house or baby stuff and art. So I have been debating starting to make and sell baby clothes and products. I had an Etsy before and sold headbands but was considering expanding on that. So I think I will start to set up and then possibly sell some stuff if I get enough products made and have more time once Zack transfers which is coming up! I also can’t wait to start exercising in Nov when I have approval! Had my appointment and got blood work back, have a referral to an endocrinologist in the system just need to set aside time to go. So crafting and exercise, can’t wait to set up a little work station in addition to my home gym!
I also want to learn how to make cloth diapers. We still have a very nice cloth diaper stash and Briar is getting good use out of them but I want to make some with fun prints. It’s nice to be able to save money we would be spending on diapers for other stuff! I’m hoping Briar will potty train as easily as Arleigh did, probably even easier because Arleigh had chronic constipation and was scared to potty for a long time but after getting a fiber prescription a couple years ago she stopped having trouble! I’ve found so many cute diapers on Etsy but I’m not willing to spend $20-30 a diaper when they make solid prints and sell them at a store near here! I just got a free diaper rite a few days ago when we went to the diaper junction to pick up an order!
Briars teething is full force, just like Arleighs was! She’s had a couple rough nights but none of them are as bad as the Arleigh colic days so I am still doing pretty well sleep wise! Zack is so sweet at night too and that helps. He has really stepped up his husband abilities over the past almost 5 years!
So that’s all I’ve been up too! I really don’t want summer to end but I have had enough of these horrid mosquitos! I swear there was the ninja of all mosquitos in our room a few nights ago! He was bitting me un-relentlessly! I had about 7-9 welts all within a couple hours. I tried to sit up and kill him but he was sneaky!
It doesn’t really feel like fall here at all yet and I’m annoyed with stores for already putting out fall and halloween stuff. Starbucks is already starting the PSL which is really not helping. I am not ready to say goodbye to summer!
This post was long but I was bored and trying to watch this leftovers series but just can’t get into it!
newpaula said: Where do you get those cute head bands and tights for Briar?
Etsy! I can message you the links!